True facts about: -singleStopPerCustomerSite

This forum deals with any kind of trip optimization based on xTour1, xTour2 and the Developer APIs "RouteOptimization" and "SequenceOptimization". No matter whether it is automatic planning or manual dispatching, refering to transport orders or service planning.
Attention: this does not refer to PTV Optiflow SaaS and PTV Developer RouteOptimization Optiflow.
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

True facts about: -singleStopPerCustomerSite

Post by Bernd Welter »

Here's some fancy stuff I just learned today - about - "singleStopPerCustomerSite"...
singleStopPerCustomerSite : Defines a strong preference that all tasks of orders for the same customer site are carried out at the same stop if possible. If this is not possible, all orders for that customer site remain unplanned. Transport orders between two customer sites are ignored here. This preference is only considered in automatic planning. If this preference is not met for an input plan or for a change tours action, it is not reported as a violation.
  • Well, I always thought, this would ensure that either all orders for customer BLABLA are served or none. But that's a wrong derivation.
    In some cases, e.g. if one of the BLABLA orders is unplannable - that order remains unscheduled and the other BLABLA orders are served in a single stop or none.
  • In my current project the user needs in fact ALL OR NONE (and not just "single stop..."). So I was told to perform an "evaluation without input plan" (which I always thought is meaningless) but in fact this "pre"-request told me quickly which orders are unplannable - I was able to remove them AND their buddy tasks from the workload.
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: