Linking to Waypoint fails

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Shah

Linking to Waypoint fails

Post by Shah »

Hi Everyone,

I am new to PTV xServer Api's. I am calculating distance between two postcodes but i am getting error when i send the coordinates points to the function "calculateRouteInfo()" , the error i get from the web service is "linking to waypoint (zero-based index list: unknown) failed", for corrdinates i am using "PTV_MERCATOR" coordinate format. Can anyone please help, or tell me what i am doing wrong and why i get this error.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards

Shah
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: Linking to Waypoint fails

Post by Bernd Welter »

Good morning Shah,

if the linking fails the input coordinate is too far away from the street network. Usually we can resolve such an issue by checking your request coordinates. But before we invest in such efforts you should ensure the following conditions:
  • Did you install and configure a valid map? Sometimes new users work with a default map which covers the region of Luxemburg - and they want to work with their regions such as Germany. So please check to configure the map.path in the xlocate.properties file.
  • Where did you get the input coordinate from? Sometimes users consume POST CODE data from external ressources and the coordinates are given in a format that differs from PTV MERCATOR. In this case you have to transform the given coordinate manually into PTV_MERCATOR or you can switch the context of the routing transaction to the format that is applied to the POSTCODES.
As a postcode coordinate is not really secret I recommend that you attach your XML / JSON request in the thread and we can verify it's validity. You can also get in touch with me in person so we can check how to give you a kick-start into xServers.

Best regards
Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Shah

Re: Linking to Waypoint fails

Post by Shah »

Hi Bernd,

Thankyou very much for your reply, Actually it was my mistake, though it had nothing to do with map :) , but yeah had problem with coordinates, But your reply was very helpfull.

Thanks

Best Regards

Shah