SAP - PTV - Business Connector - ArrayOfExceptionPath

This forum deals with any kind of routing computation whether it is simple A:B-routing, calculation of isochrones, simple matrix computation or nearest search.
Janabat

SAP - PTV - Business Connector - ArrayOfExceptionPath

Post by Janabat »

Hi,

i want to do an route calculation with route points.

I don't know where these points are, but i want to block a street in a specific city in germany.

For example: Schillerstraße, 26122 Oldenburg

Can i only use street names in the ExceptionPath or can i specify the complete address, too? Because there are more than on Streets with identical names in germany.

This would it make more easy to block streets in run-time.

Can i block only one street in a request or more?

We want to handle this on SAP side. So, we can't use the Road Editor.

Or do you have another solution for us.

It will be nice, if we can implement this possibility for the business connector in the next release

Kind regards,
Jan
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: SAP - PTV - Business Connector - ArrayOfExceptionPath

Post by Bernd Welter »

Hello Jan,

I don't see a guaranteed solution for this and therefore forwarded the topic to DEV.
EXCEPTION PATH offers various sources of data that can be used to specify the segments to be blocked but the question is: where to get the IDs?
Reverse geocoding doesn't provide sufficient response details.

Let's see what DEV can tell us here.

Best regards Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted:
Bernd Welter
Site Admin

Re: SAP - PTV - Business Connector - ArrayOfExceptionPath

Post by Bernd Welter »

Here is the answer from DEV:
Also in my opinion exception path is the only possibility to block individual segments within the request. I do not recommend to use the attribute "street". I think this is designed for motorways like "A5" and not for all "Schillerstr." in Germany, but here I'm not sure how it really works. Why not using our new feature "intersectingLine"? Just specify the street by two coordinates crossing the street (see sample "Routing with an intersecting line").

As exception path is an array it is possible to specify more than one street. But be careful: A lot of exception paths in every routing request have an impact on performance.
I created a quick sample:
The blue line is given as ExceptionPath and crossing the line is forbidden. This causes the router to perform a detour.
The blue line is given as ExceptionPath and crossing the line is forbidden. This causes the router to perform a detour.
Best regards Bernd
Bernd Welter
Technical Partner Manager Developer Components
PTV Logistics - Germany

Bernd at... The Forum,LinkedIn, Youtube, StackOverflow
I like the smell of PTV Developer in the morning... :twisted: